Nancy A. Olson first came to southeastern Vermont to attend Windham College in Putney. She felt so at home in the area that she returned to Putney in 1972 to start her adult life. After teaching English and journalism at Brattleboro Union High School for 35 years, she retired in 2013. Since then, she has freelanced for the Brattleboro Reformer, UpCountry Magazine, and The Commons. Words have thrilled her since childhood. Writing about Clarina Howard Nichols has been fascinating.
- September Roundtable: Screening and Talk on Acclaimed 19th Century Local Author Mary E. Wilkins Freeman
- “Lucy Speaks” Exhibit and Other Local Literary Legends at the 2019 Guilford Fair
- Words on the Water: Stories of Wantastegok, the West River and Abenaki Presence
- June Roundtable: 70+ Years of Poetry with Nye Ffarrabas & CX Silver Gallery
- May Roundtable: Daisy Turner & Community Storytelling with the Vermont Folklife Center